Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the teacher to identify learning targets or school & classroom priorities.
- Authentically connects arts to classroom content areas.
- Creates opportunities for creativity through art-making and/or performance.
- Develops clear and attainable assessments.
- Fluent with National & State Arts Standards in artistic discipline.
- Attends training and vetting when scheduled.
- Partners and interacts professionally with teachers and learns teaching techniques and methods from them.
- Openly shares their art form & mentors teachers to add artistic practices to their teaching.
- Contributes positively to School Working Groups.
- Adapts instruction for diverse populations, cultures, special needs.
- Honestly assesses their own teaching & the overall program effectiveness.
- Is organized, flexible, punctual, and dependable. Creates realistic schedules and works fluidly within school constraints & limitations.
- Communicates with SPARK! office concerning contracting and any programming concerns that may arise.
Teaching Artist Steps in a Residency
- When you meet with a Classroom Teacher please use the Pre-Residency Meeting Agenda & Notes form, linked here: Pre-Residency Meeting Agenda & Notes to guide your conversation. (This is simply a tool, you do not need to turn this in).
- After you meet with Classroom Teachers, please complete the SPARK! Arts Teaching Residency Application Form, linked here: SPARK! Arts Teaching Residency Application.
- *Sienna will create a contract based on the Teaching Residency Application and send it you*.
- Double check that you have your MCPS ID Badge. Please contact Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need help with this.
- After your Residency, complete the 2018-2019 Timesheet linked here: 2018-2019 TIMESHEET. This is for payroll.
Your application will be reviewed by a SPARK working team that consists of a combination of district employees and community members. Upon acceptance, we will update the directory to include your information. Our review process for directory updates is ongoing. After acceptance, we can update your offerings as needed throughout the year. This flexibility allows for educators and district administration to utilize your resources more efficiently and to know of current offerings.
Apply via the Teaching Artist Application Form. Please email email@example.com with questions.