Arts Integration Residencies
SPARK! residencies typically involve multiple sessions that fit within daily class schedules. Classroom Teachers and Teaching Artists work together to build a residency that integrates the arts with subjects such as science, language arts, and math. SPARK! also supports and promotes arts for art’s sake and arts enhancement.
HOW IT WORKS
- The school team (principal, liaison, parent, small group of teachers…) meets to determine which arts opportunities (teaching artist residencies and enhancements) will best serve the educational needs of the school. Each school works within an allotted budget.
- School representative will contact teaching artists using the SPARK! directory at http://www.sparkartslearning.org/about-spark/teaching-artists/.
- A planning session is scheduled with school team working with the Teaching Artist to collaborate for each residency.
- A Collaborative Planning form is filled out (by the classroom teachers and teaching artist together during the residency planning meeting) and submitted to SPARK! and the residency is added to the school’s yearly Residency Planning Form and submitted to SPARK!
- Artist is contracted for work through SPARK!
- Residency occurs; artist communicates with school team and SPARK! representative throughout residency.
- Post residency evaluation form is completed by participating teachers, and post residency assessment meeting occurs.